History

1947 Established at Nishiki area as a town-run hospital.
1951 Moved to Tenryu area.
1952 Main building and infectious disease ward extended, licensed for 74 beds.
1954 Ina town and other villages merged into Ina City.
1957 Renamed as Ina Central Hospital.
1958 Licensed for 204 beds (including 16 beds for tuberculosis).
1963 Licensed for 236 beds (including 56 beds for tuberculosis, 33 beds for infectious disease).
1976 Licensed for 333 beds (including the above-mentioned beds).
1981 Accredited as a Core Hospital for Cancer Treatment in Kami-Ina district.
1982 Beds for infectious disease decreased to 20.
1993 “A Five-Day Week” regulated.
1994 “One Nurse for Two Patients” approved, registered nurses accounting for 70%.
1995 Prescription service outside the hospital instituted.
1997 Accredited as a Disaster Relief Hospital.
1999 Accredited as an Infectious Disease Care Center. Beds for infectious disease decreased to 4.
2003 Moved to a new building on the river terrace of the Tenryu and run by 5 municipalities. Licensed for 344 beds (including 4 for infectious disease). Emergency Medicine by full-time doctors instituted.
2005 Accredited by Japan Council for Quality Health Care (version 4).
2006 Licensed for 394 beds (including 4 beds for infectious disease). Ina City, Takato Town and Hase Village merged into new Ina City.The union of Ina City, Minowa Town and Minami-Minowa Village run the hospital.
2009 Accredited as a Local-level Cancer Hospital